Re: Help! passive/active (long)

Subject: Re: Help! passive/active (long)
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:55:33 -0800

You wrote:

>The specific usage is this (occurring in procedures where there
>is a step and then a result below it telling the reader what to
>expect):
> 1. Click Options.
> o The Options dialog is displayed.

I struggled with this one forever, too. <g> Here's what I came up
with:

(in User Guides)
1. Click Options to open the Options dialog.

(in Tutorials)
1. Click Options.

This opens the Options dialog:
<<picture of dialog here, so they know they're at the right one>>

Hope that helps!

--
Bonni Graham
Manual Labour