Clarification re: active/passive

Subject: Clarification re: active/passive
From: Kirstin Mercer <kirstin -at- INTERCON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 10:20:59 -0400

Hello all!

Thank you for many great responses and suggestions regarding my
recent posting on active/passive voice.

I want to take a second to clarify something. I think I gave the
impression in my original message that when the STC judges
made the comment about the use of "...is displayed" in our
manuals, that that was the reason we weren't winning awards.
We *have* won awards for several of our manuals over the last
few years, and for the manuals for which we didn't win awards,=20
there were other reasons in addition to our use of the passive
voice. I in no way meant to imply that the STC judges were too
picky and that's why we didn't win anything. On the contrary,
we anxiously await the judges comments each year, and a few=20
people in my department, myself included, have even been on the
judging committees.

Thanks again for all your comments!
Kirstin Mercer
InterCon Systems Corporation