Re: Flawed software

Subject: Re: Flawed software
From: Tom Lange <Tom_Lange -at- CCMAIL -dot- BMC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 09:41:19 CST

I have yet to see perfect documentation for an unflawed software
product. Actually, I have yet to see an unflawed software product.

However, (now that I have the humor out of the way) it is possible to
write documentation that makes a badly flawed product look less
flawed. It is even possible (not easy, but possible) to use
documentation to make some, most, or all of the flaws or bugs look
like real features by writing about what the flaw does, not about what
it does not do.

Of course, I have not figured out how to write anything positive about
some of them. A general protection fault brings a computer to a
screeching halt. Coming to a screeching halt may be a benefit if I
were writing about tires or brakes on a car; however, in a
computer????

Just one Texan's opinion.

Tom Lange
tom_lange -at- ccmail -dot- bmc -dot- com

Subject: Flawed software
Author: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- ICONTROL -dot- ANZA -dot- COM> at unixlink
Date: 2/1/96 7:26 AM

Greetings!

Question: Is it possible to have perfect documentation
for a flawed software product?

I think I know the answer, but I just *had* to ask ...