Re: Humor in Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Humor in Tech Writing
From: Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 19:38:10 GMT

One of the best technical description manuals here at my facility is
called "Everything You Wanted To Know About the Rare Gas Plant" by Dr.
FOG. It's written as an FAQ before the use of FAQs became popular. It
provides all the technical information the operators needed to qualify,
but did it in a manner that was easy to read. Much more effective than
paging through chapter long instrument tables, description (in passive
voice, of course) of equipment, and discussions of chemistry that would
put a Ph.D. to sleep.

Nancy Lynn Hayes (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov) Carpe Diem
Seize the Day!