Click, Choose, and Select (the hilarious comedy team of)

Subject: Click, Choose, and Select (the hilarious comedy team of)
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- ATLANTIC-82 -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 12:49:36 -0800

We use "choose" for menu items, "select" for lists, and "click" for
buttons such as OK. And we instruct users to "type" rather than "enter"
text for the same reason that Scott gave: Enter is a key name. We also
include a small section in the preface explaining our GUI terminology.

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.

"People are worried about online porn on the Internet. It's the endless
`Who's better--Kirk or Picard?' threads that *should* scare them."
-- Jim Mullen, _Entertainment Weekly_