Re: Acrobat

Subject: Re: Acrobat
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 10:46:29 -0800

>My very limited experience with Acrobat has been its large file size. OK,
>there's plenty of space on a CD-ROM, but we're being encouraged to send
>Acrobat files over the Internet, or am I wrong?

The idea is to deliver these huge files via the Internet, CD, or whatever
and let the recipient deal with printing them.

HTML is for providing interactive access to hypertext documents over the
Internet.

Acrobat is for delivering files in electronic form for remote printing or
static viewing. File size is a drawback but not an issue.

Neither is a suitable replacement for the other. They're apples and oranges.
They're different. There's no point to comparing them. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro