instant HTML

Subject: instant HTML
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:09:20 -0600

Gord Varney wrote:

> My ideal solution would be an add-on to Word or Framemaker that allows
> me to use all the native features and functions and then, with the press
> of a button, produces HTML. Maybe I'm dreaming.

The closest thing to this I've played with has been HTML Transit. I've
only used the download version so far, but I think it is nifty. Programs
of this sort (template-based conversions) are probably the wave of
the future. (Maybe *I* like learning HTML codes, and maybe *You* like
it, but does everyone in your department need to learn HTML?)

Here's one thing that Transit did nicely: A few months ago we had some
headaches trying to convert docs with Word Equation Editor equations in
them to HTML. I asked around, but there seemed to be no easy way to do
this--I think we ended up remaking the equations in CorelDraw. I ran a
similar doc through HTML Transit in January, and voila! Instant HTML!
The equations were neatly inserted as .gif images. <BTW, it is supposed
to work with FramMaker, too, but not with Pagemaker. :( >

I tinkered for a minute or two with ALIGN codes to make them look perfect,
but that's quite minor compared to remaking all your equations.

As mentioned before, you can find it at http://www.infoaccess.com/.

Also, although Mike New and the other folks I've met from InfoAccess are
nice, they've yet to pay me for my endorsements. (har-har) They'd
probably just be happy if I'd fork over the $$ to get the licensed version.
(I'm still working on the boss.) Hey, Mike, is this endorsement good
for a discount?? :-)

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser, COREComm
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (work)
You are invited to browse our web site: http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/
My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.