Re: UNIX HTML files vs Windows HTM files

Subject: Re: UNIX HTML files vs Windows HTM files
From: Rebecca Filardo <filardo -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 10:05:34 +0000

Marvin W. Miller wrote:

> Word Internet Assistant is just a front end for generating HTML. It has
> nothing to do with graphics. Use any graphics application to create your art.
> But, make sure that it has a .gif and/or .jpg export filter. You can then
> import the graphic into the WIA document just as you would a normal Word doc.
> The resulting html file should run on a UNIX server.

> Internet Assistant is a good tool for starting out, but you will find that it
> does not provide all of the HTML features you may need. (Such as background
> color, blinking text, etc.) It's a good idea to learn HTML code as well.

I agree. Learn HTML code. It is quite easy. You just need a list of tags.
I have yet to see any benefit in using anything other than a text editor (or
maybe a word processor if you want to do spell checks) for writing HTML.
I would be interested to hear if anyone esle has found any true benefits in
using an HTML editor.
(I tried HotDog and found the help file genuinely informative.)
--
Rebecca Filardo /\_/\ phone: +44 (0) 1438 317966