Joining forces with other writers

Subject: Joining forces with other writers
From: Marie Clear <Marie3000 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 15:27:00 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I've been going back and forth trying to decide whether to
go independent or whether to cave in and go with a firm.
By the way, thank you to every one who gave me information

Anyway, I've decided I will, after all, stay independent. The
only drawback to that, though, is that I won't really have
coworkers. More than anything, I want to work with other
writers. I certainly don't need people underfoot, but the
camaraderie of working *with* someone is entirely gone now.

So, I'd like to find other technical writers in Chicago who
might be interested in working cooperatively. I don't think
I'd be interested in a formal partnership, but I'd like to have
a cooperative relationship with *someone* out here.

Does anyone on the list have suggestions for setting up
this type of relationship? Any ideas about how to go
about finding other writers? Tips on making sure the
other people are proficient and professional?

What do you guys think -- am I simply leading a very
rich fantasy life, or do you think this could work?

Thanks for helping,
Marie

Technical Writing and Help Desk Consultant
307 Gale Avenue
River Forest, Illinois 60305
708-366-0432