Re: Specifying a URL in an e-mail

Subject: Re: Specifying a URL in an e-mail
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 13:16:34 -0800

>Consequently, if you specify a URL in a message that you
>would like readers to visit, I ask that you write out the
>URL completely.

Also, don't put a period at the end. Eudora is pretty good about picking
URLs out of sentences, but if you put the URL at the end of a sentence and
follow it with a period, Eudora will include the period in what it passes to
your browser.

If your browser displays the URL in as tiny type as Netscape does, you may
not notice it and may wonder why you get an error message. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro