Two Courses On Product Usability

Subject: Two Courses On Product Usability
From: "Jared M. Spool" <jspool -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 01:38:16 -0500

User Interface Engineering presents two courses on Product Usability:

Product Usability: Survival Techniques
March 5th

Techniques For Complex Applications
March 6th

Andover Marriott, Andover, MA USA

Learn the techniques that we've taught to over 2,000 software
engineers, user interface designers, programmers, technical writers,
project leaders and product managers.

Product Usability: Survival Techniques

Developing applications in today's business environment is very
difficult. Organizations are looking to produce more usable products
with the same constrained resources: no more time, no more money, no
more people!

This course teaches your team how to produce a more usable product
without any more time, money or people. You and your team will learn
how to build a full working prototype without writing any code. You
will learn how to do this in just a few hours, not days, with
materials and equipment you already have.

Who Should Attend:

This course is for experienced members of the development team.
Engineers, technical writers, project leaders and development managers
will benefit form the wide variety of practical tips and techniques
presented here. Because of the advanced nature of the material,
experience in developing commercial products is highly recommended.
An understanding of basic usability concepts is helpful but not
required.

Techniques For Complex Applications

Today's graphical user interfaces employ a variety of solutions to
help users learn and use complex applications more effectively. This
practical course presents a wealth of insights from our independent
research and consulting practice about these solutions, and how they
can work for you.

You'll see numerous implementations from Microsoft, Lotus, and other
leading software developers. You'll learn how to choose, design, and
refine the types of solutions that will help your application's users
learn and work more productively. Exercises give you a chance to
practice some of the techniques discusses in the course.

Who Should Attend:

This course is for experienced developers who have worked on
applications with complex interfaces. Although most of the examples
are taken from Windows products, developers of other GUI or
character-based systems will also benefit from the techniques and
lessons learned. Familiarity with paper prototyping and current
Windows-based products is helpful but not required.

User Interface Engineering

We are a consulting firm in North Andover, MA. We specialize in
product usability issues.

Our Mission:

To empower development teams by providing key information to
make strategic design decisions.

We do this through consulting, training and research.

Over the past 8 years, we have trained over 2,000 developers on how
to build better products.

All of our courses are 100% guaranteed. If you are not satisfied
with this course, we will refund your money.

Prices:

Product Usability: Survival Techniques
March 5th, $320.00

Techniques For Complex Applications
March 6th, $320.00

Both days, both courses
SAVE $50, $590.00

For More Information, Contact:

User Interface Engineering
800 Turnpike Street, Suite 101
North Andover, MA 01845
Telephone: (508) 975-4343
Facsimile: (508) 975-5353
Email: uie -at- uie -dot- com

Ask about other courses, group rates and on-site courses.