Tech Writers, Bananas & Bologna

Subject: Tech Writers, Bananas & Bologna
From: "Guy A. McDonald" <guym -at- DAKA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 20:26:01 -0800

Someone wrote:
blah, blah, blah.... (about two spaces after a period), blah, blah, =
blah....

Someone responded:
blah, blah, blah...... (then what really mattered):
"As a general rule, anything that distracts the reader from the *words* =
is a bad thing."

Listowner says:
blah, blah, blah..... (then concludes):
"to paraphrase John Brinegar, the profession is about helping people do =
what they need to do. Notational discussions are for reference books."

Someone then ponders the meaning of life:
blah, blah, blah..... then concludes:
".... BUT I don't see why they can't coexist with the less-pressing =
topics of style and grammar." **

Good grief we're a strange group! We really should collectively take a =
round turn here and try hard to stop perpetuating long drawn out verbal =
vomit on the list (threads that are easily carried off list).

I will try to make a change here.... hey, it's no mystery that I've been =
guilty of posting some garbage. And guess what... so have YOU. We will =
always see that now and then, but please try with me to not go on, and =
on, and on...... and on...... blah, blah, blah....... over the days =
coming. I AM NOT FOR ARGUING ABOUT ENGLISH 101, INTERNATIONAL TORQUE =
SPECS, SPACES AFTER PERIODS, HOW TO SPELL ONLINE, FRAMEMAKER & WORD =
COMMERCIALS..... add hogwash, infinum, add nauseum!

I AM FOR GETTING TO KNOW YOU FOLKS, AND YOU KNOWING ME. Who knows, we =
may have some fun together and/or make a few bucks along the way...... =
imagine that, what a concept <s>

Thank you.
Guy McDonald
Please respond to this off-list. I will appreciate it (and so will =
others). =20
guym -at- daka -dot- com

** All four people I singled out here are big boys & girls, so I trust =
they NOT take personal offense on my edit(s)..... besides, all but one =
know me off-list somewhat, therefore I used them to help communicate the =
issue.