Position Descriptions and Salary

Subject: Position Descriptions and Salary
From: Paul Ryken <pryken -at- CLEAR -dot- CO -dot- NZ>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 08:42:00 NZD

I am having my position description reviewed at the moment to bring it into
line with what I actually do - on line documentation over paper based work
and development of office systems and procedures.

As usual, it is amazing when you realise how unworkable a process / product
/ service is when you start writing the documentation for it. I normally
meant to only get involved when a new product is about to be released, but
hopefully all that may change with the new position description.

I need to get several examples of position / job descriptions for
documentation / technical writers in a similiar situation to use as a
comparison. As well, I am getting a salary review to co-incide with the
change in position description. I know and have read the Salary Survey
produced by STC, but it is based on USA and Canada Technical Writers. I am
in New Zealand - a far cry (and a long way) from the my American friends. In
confidence, I need to find out from New Zelaand or Australia Technical
Writers what the average salary is.

By the way, I love the daily fix of tips from my subscription to this group.

Paul Ryken
CS Documentation Writer
CLEAR Communications Ltd
eMail: pryken -at- clear -dot- co -dot- nz