Re: Acrobat

Subject: Re: Acrobat
From: "Kathy E. Gill" <kegill -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 13:54:40 -0800

On 8 Feb scot wrote:
-----
I'll agree with the original poster; acrobat really pisses me off in
relation to the web, it is not a structured document format like HTML which
allows dynamic formatting of the page *at the viewers end* to suit the
viewers particular circumstance.
------
Scot's objections are the reason I believe Acrobat is an important tool
(one tool among many). When I want control (ie, security) of a document ...
when it is important that someone be unable to *delete* or *add* a word
which could completely change the meaning of a statement ... Acrobat
provides a solution that straight HTML does not.

Kathy