Subject: UNIX HTML files vs Windows HTM files

Subject: Subject: UNIX HTML files vs Windows HTM files
From: "Kathy E. Gill" <kegill -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 14:04:51 -0800

Hi, there, Geri,

I create .html files on a PowerMac using BBEdit, upload my GIF and JPEG
files to my UNIX based ISP using Fetch, and have Absolutely No Problem
having anyone read my graphics. Perhaps MS Word Internet Assistant is
formatting the GIFs as text rather than raw data???

Kathy E. Gill

I create .htm files using MS Word Internet Assistant (plus some hand
programming) for our Windows NT server.

<snip>
after creating my personal home page to post on my
provider's server, I found it would not read my graphics; however, it will read
the text. My provider then told me that I should something like Hot Dog Pro to
create my files in.