Bitmap screendump program for DOS

Subject: Bitmap screendump program for DOS
From: PIP Mailbox <prc -at- PIP -dot- DKNET -dot- DK>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 17:49:46 +0000

Some time ago somebody looked for a program to make bitmap
screendumps from DOS. I knew I had seen one, but couldn't find it
then, and as well as I know, nobody found any solution.

Now I have found it: It is a cheap sharewareprogramme ($8 range) with
a TSR taking up 0-15k below 640k, depending on your computer
configuration.

The program is called PCXDUMP and works with or without Windows and
with DOS > 3.1. If the following info don't work, try the programmer:

Jesper Frandsen
Fredens Torv 7, 2.sal
DK-8000 Aarhus C
DENMARK
Email: jesperf -at- daimi -dot- aau -dot- dk

I quote the following from its readme file:

Where to get PCXDUMP?

The latest shareware issue of PCXDUMP, which includes the most
up-to-date information on pricing and new features, is always
posted for downloading in these places:

* Ftp sites:
wuarchive.wustl.edu in /mirrors/msdos/graphics/pcxdmp??.zip
oak.oakland.edu in /pub/msdos/graphics/pcxdmp??.zip nic.funet.fi
in /pub/msdos/graphics/graphics/pcxdmp??.zip garbo.uwasa.fi in
/pc/graphics/pcxdmp??.zip

* Public Software Library
P.O. Box 35705
Houston, Texas 77235-5705
U.S.A.

* CDV Software
Postfach 2749
76014 Karlsruhe
GERMANY

* Danish users:
JOSTI-BBS, Phone: 4738 0524, N81
RAM-SOFT BSS, Phone: 3314 5914, N81
plus several other BBSs around the country.

Greetings from Denmark

Peter Ring
prc -at- pip -dot- dknet -dot- dk
http://www.pip.dknet.dk/~pip323