Re: Is grammar fair game?

Subject: Re: Is grammar fair game?
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 12:03:26 IST

I'm really not flaming you, Mark, but I find this comment extremely
amusing (and just a touch condescending).

** I was born on October 4, 1948, and I would never get into an
argument with anyone else born on October 4-- and that includes
Beverly Parks too-- because deep down we understand and
appreciate one another. We are the most reasonable people
in the world. Likely that is why we are condescending
toward everyone else.

Of course there are many technologically literate people on
copyediting-l. On the other hand, I would expect techwr-l to
have a higher percentage of people familiar with the newer
and more obscure technological terminology and how it is
being used. On any particular question, one list or the other
might happen to provide a better answer; but at least as a
first address, I would think the technical writers are the
people to field the questions about technical language.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| You can't judge right by looking at the wrong. - Willie Dixon ||