Re: Windows check-box terminology

Subject: Re: Windows check-box terminology
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 16:01:43 IST

I don't like "check" because it is ambiguous in non-American english: I feel
that if I tell users to "check the widget box", they may just check it in
the British sense (i.e. observe it), rather than set it or mark it.

** I tell them to "checkmark" the box.
So I verbed a noun. So lawsuit me.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| You can't judge right by looking at the wrong. - Willie Dixon ||