Re: Helpful hints, and wrist problems

Subject: Re: Helpful hints, and wrist problems
From: MurphyAssc -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 09:03:58 -0500

I also had trouble with RSI when working on a large on-line help project a
couple of years ago. I even ordered the Kinetics keyboard in hope that it
would alleviate the strain that was causing numbness from elbow to pinky in
addition to the wrist pain. Turns out the keyboard wasn't the issue - the
placement of my mouse was. My keyboard is in a keyboard drawer that is at
the proper height for me. My mouse pad was on top of the desk which caused
me to reach for the mouse, thereby extending my arm. Once I moved the mouse
down to keyboard level, the pain and numbness eventually went away. I
returned the Kinetics keyboard and bought a mouse tray extension for my
keyboard drawer.

Erin Murphy
MurphyAssoc -at- aol -dot- com