Re: Good books/agencies/training courses

Subject: Re: Good books/agencies/training courses
From: Peter Kent <76711 -dot- 2557 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:32:03 EST

>>Jay Jordan said:
The Graduate School, U.S. Department of Agriculture offers a correspondence
course: CEDIT350 "Technical Editing."<<

Thanks very much.

>>David Ibbetson said:
Surprising as it may seem there are large Canadian companies that aren't
subsidiaries of US companies.<<

David, I am aware of this fact! However, I have a large list of agencies in the
book, many of which operate in Canada. Some are not even based in the US, I
believe. I even have a few Canadian companies listed. Still, my primary
intention is not to feed my readers fish, but to teach them how to fish. I've
provided a list of agencies to get them started, but more importantly I've
explained how to go about tracking down hundreds more. It's a big world, and I
don't think I have room to list them all (or the time to call every consulate).

Thanks for your reminder,

Peter Kent

Peter Kent: 71601 -dot- 1266 -at- compuserve -dot- com, 303-989-1869
Coming soon, an updated and revised Technical Writer's Freelancing
Guide. E-mail for more information.