Re: Windows check-box terminology

Subject: Re: Windows check-box terminology
From: Glenda Jeffrey <jeffrey -at- HKS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:50:47 GMT

Heli Roosild (HeliR -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com) wrote:
: FWIW, the new MS Style Guide recommends "select" and "clear."

We toggle our check boxes, and then talk about them being on and
off. We don't like to use select here because we feel that selecting
is what you do to menus and menu items, and also to text (when you
highlight it with the mouse). Select is a way overused verb, in
our opinion...
--
Glenda Jeffrey Email: jeffrey -at- hks -dot- com
Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc Phone: 401-727-4200