Re: permission for keeping writing samples

Subject: Re: permission for keeping writing samples
From: Helen Hegelheimer <hxh -at- FORMTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 13:30:00 -0500

You make an excellent point re: storing documents. What also is interesting
is looking back at *how* you wrote in the past. Especially, when you've
been writing for a few years (or decades like me). We have an opportunity
to read our improvements, to remind ourselves of the standards "back then",
and just plain laugh at how bad we were. One of the most amazing
things are those standards that we used then and now.

My memory isn't too good - but one that comes to mind is typographical
conventions in a Preface. We don't call it a Preface much anymore
(instead it's something like "About this Guide") but the conventions are
still stated, along with the audience assumptions.

Can anyone else think of a standard that has weathered the test of time ?

Helen Hegelheimer
hxh -at- formtek -dot- com

John Hedtke said