Tech Writers: Strictly Tech? -(The Scoop)

Subject: Tech Writers: Strictly Tech? -(The Scoop)
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 08:51:25 -0800

Dear Benjamin:

You asked: Hence, what's the scoop? Are you
engineers-turned-writers or writers with a technical
bent/experience/talent-for-learning-a-new
-piece-of-software-on-a-familiar-platform-in-no-time-at-all (has to
be a word for this somewhere :)?

Short answer: Writers with a technical bent/experience/talent for
learning a new piece of software on a familiar platform in no time at
all.

A word for it? I've always had this dim memory of some old movie
full of sword fighting, and this particularly swashbuckling hero, and
somebody saying about him: "He's got pluck." Lovely word. I don't
exactly know what pluck is, but I have always thought it a good thing
to try to have. especially when tech writing.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California