Re: Audio tapes

Subject: Re: Audio tapes
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 09:24:43 -0800

>Next time I need an x-ray I'm gonna ask them to show me the manual. If they're
>relying on their memory and what they _heard_ a few weeks (or maybe months ago)
>then I'm walking out!

Actually, radiologists don't operate the equipment. Trained technicians do that.

Radiologists interpret the films, and traditionally they dictate the
portions of their reports that can't be communicated by checking boxes on a
form. They also talk with other physicians over the phone a lot.

Since they got through medical school, you have to assume that they know how
to read; nonetheless, they're probably more comfortable communicating
orally. It's not a big surprise to hear that one of them has asked for a
software manual on audio tape. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro