Re: Request for Submissions

Subject: Re: Request for Submissions
From: Vester Scott <Vester_Scott -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 04:02:08 UT

I've read Mr. Collins' explanation of NIVA, and I respect his pragmatism and
(I believe his) honesty.

On the other hand, presented in its very best light, as I believe it has been
presented, NIVA strikes me not as an organization that aims to promote
technical writing professionalism but rather one that aims to exploit the
insecurity of the large base of incompetent technical writers. Why would a
professional writer want to write for either zero compensation or zero
professional exposure?

Incompetent technical writers, by the way, come in two basic flavors:
1. Techies who are not excited by the craft of writing
2. Writers who are not excited by technology

I wrote a bunch more, but deleted it. 'Nuff said.

-Vester