Re: Trends for Technical Communicators?

Subject: Re: Trends for Technical Communicators?
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 15:46:11 HST

1. A decline of comprehensive paper docs -- software publishers are getting too
cheap!
2. An increase in the size, complexity, and quality of on-line help/doc systems.
3. More multimedia in online help (although I haven't seen any that are
worthwhile!)
4. More use of Web sites for tech support and doc distribution, e.g., access to
the WordPerfect tech support database via the Web.

David Jones
Technical Writer
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."