Re: Trends for Technical Communicators?

Subject: Re: Trends for Technical Communicators?
From: rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:06:19 EST

>What trends do you consider affect you today as a Technical Communicator?

Changing technology of our subject matter, and also of our tools. What was
hot in 1986 was obsolete in 1991, but the hot stuff of '91 is out of date
now. If I spend three or four years in one job, the wave moves past me and
I'm unable to market my obsolete skills.

And no matter how many ulcers I get from the stress of learning today's
hot new system, it'll still be obsolete by 2001.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com