Re: Which is first: online or paper?

Subject: Re: Which is first: online or paper?
From: Julie Zagorski <juliez -at- MAIL -dot- NIGHTOWL -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:11:02 -0600

I have very limited experience writing on-line documentation. The one
true-to-life document I wrote was in a specialized software help file
developed by an on-staff programmer. This was basically written in Ventura
and given to the programmer on floppy who incorporated the file into his
code. I guess this makes this on-line creation a null from my point.
Anyway, I was wondering if you all experience this type of on-line
creation, or is there specific software packages that most of you use? I
think this is an area that I will definitely need more experience in as we
progress to electronic manuals. I do have some experience with HTML. What
is SGML?

Can you give me resources to learn more about on-line manuals?

Thanks, Your help is much appreciated!

Julie

Julie Zagorski Love what you do,
Creative Computing Do what you Love,
DeSoto, MO 63020 Have Faith, be strong
314-337-0626 Phone/Fax the rest will follow - jaz

juliez -at- nightowl -dot- net
http://www.nightowl.net/~juliez