Re: HTML Editors

Subject: Re: HTML Editors
From: Susan Kloster <srk -at- PLAZA -dot- DS -dot- ADP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 06:01:22 -0800

>Why would you elect to put your ISO docs into HTML and view with Netscape,
>when a)that lets people save your doc locally, something you definitely
>don't want to do in an ISO environment, and b)limits your layout options?
>Why not go with Acrobat or something similar that can't be messed with and
>maintains formatting?

Well...where shall I start?

1) Relatively inexpensive
2) Negates the cross platform problems (software and hardware)
3) Eliminates the need for a database to track documents
4) Allows us to eliminate controlled distribution
5) Allows us to virtually dispense with controlled hardcopies all together
6) Through read/write file attributes, we control who can muck with the
procedures
7) Convenient
8) Attractive
9) Techies like it
10) Remote facilities can access shared procedures produced by a central
facility and vice versa

Layout? Who cares about layout? We are talking about engineers,
propellerheads, and technical support people writing documents. As long as
the required elements exist in a particular document...we don't care. KISS
is my motto.

Sue