Re: Distributing Postcript Files for Viewing, Bounced E-mail

Subject: Re: Distributing Postcript Files for Viewing, Bounced E-mail
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 09:07:36 -0500

At 04:06 PM 3/6/96 -0500, David Ibbetson wrote:
>Kat Nagel describes how (s)he distributed PostScript files to Mac users.
>This approach won't work with PCs. The majority of PC users don't have
>access to PostScript. Some sort of viewer would have to be distributed and I
>don't know of one in the public domain or available, even for a fee, for
>joining on to the file to be distributed.

There's a freeware PostScript manipulator (GhostScript) and viewer
(GhostView) for the PC available at:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html

There are several flavours, depending on which OS you prefer. Even though I
have a PostScript printer, I use this to preview WP5.1 for DOS documents set
up for my client's printer. I can also print through the Windows print manager.

Win

Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com