Re: How to edit constructively?

Subject: Re: How to edit constructively?
From: Glenda Jeffrey <jeffrey -at- HKS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 20:25:43 GMT

Thanks to everyone for your great suggestions. I'll be trying out
a number of them; in particular:

1. Making authors generate more detailed outlines before starting to write.
2. Referencing a list of "no-nos" by number. Specifically,
I'm using the list at the end of the book "Mightier than the
Sword" -- great little book.
3. Not rewriting everything in sight, but instead providing detailed
suggestions. This is the hardest one, because sometimes it's easier
to rewrite than to tell the author exactly what's wrong.
4. Getting a copy of Judith Tarutz's book.

Thanks again -- I'll post a followup eventually to let you know how
it all works out.
--
Glenda Jeffrey Email: jeffrey -at- hks -dot- com
Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc Phone: 401-727-4200