Re: all this copyright stuff

Subject: Re: all this copyright stuff
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 08:10:56 -0800

>By clicking the SEND button you give up any and all copyright, and puhleese
>cool it on the attitude, OK?

Feel free to give up anything you like.

A lot of people used to have this attitude toward software. Many still do,
but blatant software theft -- in the USA at least -- is a lot less common
and a lot less accepted than it used to be.

We all know that the stuff we post goes all over the Internet and beyond.
I'm flattered when folks like my postings enough to pass them around.

Nonetheless, I own copyright to everything I write, with or without a
copyright notice. That copyright remains mine until I explicitly grant all
or part of it to someone else.

Most of the copying that occurs in connection with this list can be
considered "fair use." Futhermore, if the list has explicit or easily
inferred distribution and archiving practices, I implicitly agree to them
when I post to the list.

None of this takes away any of my rights. Even if I click the SEND button.
...RM

Copyright 1996 Richard Mateosian <srm -at- c2 -dot- org> http://www.c2.org/~srm/
Review Editor, IEEE Micro
President, Berkeley chapter, Society for Technical Communication (STC)