Ransom notes (was Web sites I will never visit again)

Subject: Ransom notes (was Web sites I will never visit again)
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:50:03 EST

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV> wrote:

> Just because it's done with a computer and some "fancy"
> codes, it's perfectly acceptable to ignore, misuse, or
> otherwise twist any concept of good design, writing,
> etc. Oh, well, it's a new language and a new toy.
> It's like the fonts on the DTPs. Just because your
> program has eighty fonts and eight hundred colors,
> does =not= mean it's a good idea to use them all.

LOL! I bet we've all seen newsletters (even manuals!) that have five different
fonts and several different shades of gray on a page. I call this the ransom
note school of typography.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer (who limits her fonts to two on a page and rarely uses
gray boxes)
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)