copyright -- my last word (and you can quote me on this)

Subject: copyright -- my last word (and you can quote me on this)
From: Eric Brown <eric_brown -at- SFU -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:24:04 -0800

Here's the way I see it. If someone takes this (or any) list and copies it
to their web page, the writers whose words are being preserved have only
two fair and reasonable reactions:
1) thanks that their writing will be available on a continuing basis, to a
wider audience
2) appreciation for the individual who will be putting out effort to
maintain the web page

I just don't understand how anyone can get so chippy about letters written
off-the-cuff to a public group. Comparing this to works of art? Accusing
people of making big bucks off our discussions of gramar and the merits of
HTML? And please don't swamp my e-mail with bleatings of moral outrage.

Eric Brown
869 Drayton Street
North Vancouver BC V7L 2C2
(604) 980-6947 fax 980-6933