Re: Internet Usage By Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Internet Usage By Tech Writers
From: Joyce Flaherty <flahertj -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 07:48:40 EST

3/14/96 Mark -dot- 2 -dot- Merkow -at- aexp -dot- com at INTERNET writes:

> I'm interested in finding out the ways writers (especially
> technical writers) are using the Internet. I see references
> on this list for other listservs from time to time, but
> little else.
>
> Just how does everyone make use of some of the other
> services (WWW, usenet, telnet, etc.)
======================================

1-writer and usability lists
2-non-list communication with other experts in the field
3-information retrieval (for example, yesterday I downloaded
the Yale HTML style guidelines)
4-pblm resolution (tech spt bulletin boards and forums)
5-evaluation and demo software (download)
6-browsing (never knowing where you might find a new idea)
7-stress control (Dilbert)

most of which can be considered staying on top of what's
happening in the industry,

joyce flaherty
flahertj -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com