FrameMaker Required

Subject: FrameMaker Required
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 13:02:18 -0800

Robert Plamondon says:

>On the other hand, the high-tech semiconductor and EDA software tools
>industries seem to be unwilling to invest in training, and are abandoning
>Interleaf in favor of FrameMaker. They figure that they can get the
>same bad results for less money by putting their untrained employees and
>temps (and their untrained managers) on Frame. They're right, sort of,
>but the insistence on avoiding training at all costs is crazy.

>Interleaf is THE high-end desktop publishing package, . . . .

>Most Frame users (like most users of any package) are dreadful hacks who
>desperately need formal training.

deleted other choice statements

I've been gritting my teeth when I read posts from Robert P. who
claims he is president of a writing company. Things must be a lot
different in Blodgett, OR, than in other parts of the country.

A Frame user who is a hack will not obtain regular work in Silicon Valley.
Writers who have regular work here have had Frame training. I don't
know any company who assigns untrained personnel to Frame projects.
The idea is ridiculous.
I just wanted to set the record straight.

I apologize for this, but everyone has their limit.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- Ebay -dot- sun -dot- com