Re: help! ways to convert files to RTF for windows help?

Subject: Re: help! ways to convert files to RTF for windows help?
From: Anne Weiler <annew -at- CHANCERY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 11:58:52 -0700

Hi Sarah

Are you writing the content for the help files? If so, I can't stress
enough, that you should also learn how to create the help file yourself.
The way you write in strongly influenced by the format. As well, the way
you organize the information online is very different than on paper, and
you need to be thinking about that organization while you are writing. If
you're writing text and getting someone else to put in the codes, it's
very hard to organize your information. You can either learn the WinHelp
codes yourself, or you can buy a third party package like RoboHelp,
ForeHelp, or Doc-To-Help which enable you to create topics, jumps, and pop
ups without actually knowing the codes.

Help authoring is about creating an entire help system, not just writing
the text of the topics. Also, it's quite fun to create the whole system.

Anne

--
Anne Weiler --annew -at- chancery -dot- com
Media Development