Re: TODAY'S PET PEEVE!

Subject: Re: TODAY'S PET PEEVE!
From: soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 03:49:44 -0600

In <DoBrCA -dot- 2B0 -at- freenet -dot- carleton -dot- ca>, on 03/15/96 at 07:55 PM,
"Bernard A. McCann" <bi975 -at- freenet -dot- carleton -dot- ca> said:

>Hi, Fellow Browsers!

Greetings...

>Does anyone, like myself, use the <s> key to search for other posts of
>similar subject matter? To be told that there are no more. But when
>returning to the list discover that there are some more!

I simply have my mail reader toss all TECHWR-L posts into their own
folder, and sort them first according to subject, then in ascending date
order. This then groups everything by subject from oldest to newest.

>Does this mean that some people are unaware of the differences between
><C> contribute (post) and <F> follow up (same subject) and <R> reply
>(e-mail)?

>Maybe I'm missing something (I usually do) ;-)

More likely being overly presumptuous that everyone is using the same
reader or even the same method to access the list as you. You're
apparently using a newsreader to pickup the USENET format. Some people
receive the list in digest form. Most of us receive it as a email list,
in which case the Post and Follow-up options are not applicable. Not all
newsreaders support these functions or implement them in the same way,
either.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery,
is a new metaphor for... reality." -- Queensryche

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or
dimension!