Re: Requesting Posting Courtesy

Subject: Re: Requesting Posting Courtesy
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 19:56:12 -0400

>Kat Nagel/MasterWork wrote:
>>; however, because of a corporate decision to use MS Exchange as
>> >our mail program, I was unable to see his email address in the header and
>> >he did not include it in his signature.
>> >

>Kat,
>In MS exchange, you can find the email address by reading the message,
>selecting File, Properties, Internet. It will display the message
>header and somewhere in that should be the email address.

>Kathleen
>kathleen -at- qantel -dot- com

Sorry, I didn't write that passage.

I don't work for a corporation.
I've never used MS Exchange. (I use Eudora, pine, elm, FirstClass, AOL and
Netscape. That's enough.)

Kent Newton wrote the passage you attributed to me.

I -quoted- Kent's message. The attribution was clear:

Kent Newton quoted Richard's signature and wrote:
>>Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
>>Review Editor, IEEE Micro http://www.c2.org/~srm/
>>President, Berkeley STC Copyright 1996 srm -at- c2 -dot- org
>>
> (snip)
>I would have sent this reply to Richard in
>private; however, because of a corporate decision to use MS Exchange as
>our mail program, I was unable to see his email address in the header and
>he did not include it in his signature.

After quoting Kent, I added a line of advice. Obviously it bears repeating:

>Perhaps we should all take time to -look- at what we're
>quoting before we make judgements about it

Amen.

@Kat ________________________________ LIFE1 pays for LIFE2
Kat Nagel MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY

LIFE1 (technical writing/document design) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
(health reference service) mediref -at- mcls -dot- rochester -dot- lib -dot- ny -dot- us
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com