Re: Gender Bias (was Evolving Language

Subject: Re: Gender Bias (was Evolving Language
From: Carl Rudorf <crudorf -at- CCMGATE -dot- MBSBOOKS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 09:25:56 CST

On Tuesday, 03/19/96, Mike Huber wrote:

<snip>Am I unusual here? I find that I use personal pronouns in my work only on
rare occasions.<snip>

Ditto. Which is not to say the "issue" isnt germane, but as an apprentice tech
writer and new comer to the list
I cant help but wondering how this impacts end-user documentation. Like Mike, I
employ "you" or a job title in my writing. This is
inclusive, clear, and specific.

carl rudorf
crudorf -at- mbsbooks -dot- com