Developer/writer ratio

Subject: Developer/writer ratio
From: Stewart Walker <stewart -dot- walker -at- CPE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 16:59:28 +1000

Hi all

Apologies if this has been asked before (couldn't spot in any FAQs)...

Does anyone have any typical figures (however rough) for an approximate
desirable ratio of developers to writers? Our project is developing a Win95
GUI application with a swarm of Visual Basic programmers.

Any help you can offer will be useful ammo in convincing management that we
either need more writers or fewer deliverables.

Thanks for your help

Stewart
"I love being a writer . . . what I can't stand is the paperwork"
-Peter De Vries

Stewart Walker
Technical Writer
Computer Power Education, ITS R&D Project
L4, 493 St Kilda Rd Melbourne 3004
Australia
Ph: In Australia - 03 9243 2317 International - 613 9243 2317
Fax: In Australia - 03 9820 2010 International - 613 9820 2010
E-mail: stewart -dot- walker -at- cpe -dot- com -dot- au
Check out our ever-improving web site at http://www.cpe.com.au