Re: Certification: opposing views

Subject: Re: Certification: opposing views
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 07:59:56 HST

>>Engineering companies, in my experience, don't believe that having attained
your PE makes you a better engineer. Having your PE just make you more
legally responsible, and liable to be sued if something goes wrong.<<

Win has an interesting point ... if we go getting ourselves "certified," will
that increase liability? I know, I know, who ever suffered a liability suit
because of lousy documentation! But if the product was used in life-or-death
situations, such as the medical field, and the docs were wrong, and someone
died because of that ... I could picture some lawyer pouncing greedily.

But then, hey, this is Friday ...

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."