RE-RE-FrameMaker Required

Subject: RE-RE-FrameMaker Required
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 16:25:16 U

Mail*Link(r) SMTP RE:RE:FrameMaker Required

Nor mine. Although I have had full-time employment for the last two years, I
got started in this business as a contractor and I NEVER got a job through a
recruiter, though I tried and tried. Maybe things have changed due to IRS
pressures and such. I don't know. Recruiters have always seemed more like an
impediment than a help to me. I wonder how many contract tech writers deal
with agents and how many prefer to go it alone?

Date: 3/22/96 14:51
From: Richard Mateosian
>In Silicon valley, almost all employers hire contractors only through
>agents who pay by W-2. Anyone who made cold calls would be laughed out
>the door.

That's not my experience. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC