Re[2]: Icons: backtrack button

Subject: Re[2]: Icons: backtrack button
From: Joyce Flaherty <flahertj -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 23:40:31 EST

The following are becoming universal:

> go to next logical topic
< go to prev logical topic
|< go to first topic (top of file)
>| go the last topic (end of file)
>> go to next history
<< go to prev history (ESC, or right mouse as well)

hope this helps,
joyce flaherty
flahertj -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com

Subject: Re: Icons: backtrack button
Author: soundy -at- nextlevel -dot- com at INTERNET
Date: 3/19/96 3:38 AM

In <v01540b01ad7294a6a759 -at- [204 -dot- 137 -dot- 235 -dot- 113]>, on 03/17/96 at 10:33 PM,
"James M.Lockard" <norton -at- mcs -dot- net> said:

>Hello,

>I'm working on a set of navigation buttons for a body of online
>documentation and I've run into a snag. How do you create a simple icon
>to represent a backtrack function (for a button that basically undoes the
>last hypertext link).

>I've already finished buttons for first screen, last screen, previous
>screen and next screen. These buttons look similar to VCR or tape deck
>controls; they have very simple graphics and short words or partial
>words.

>I haven't been able to come up with a simple graphic representation of
>the backtrack concept though - any suggestions?

My mail program, MR/2 ICE, uses snazzy little "looped" up and down buttons
to represent previous/next message, with red X's through them to delete
the current message then move on. Perhaps an adaptation of these would
work (see attached file below, it's a very small GIF)...

Your friend and mine,
Matt
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery,
is a new metaphor for... reality." -- Queensryche

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or
dimension!

UUEncoded file attachment follows...