Re: SGML and features database

Subject: Re: SGML and features database
From: Joyce Flaherty <flahertj -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 21:16:22 EST

Text item: Text_1

Several threads mention database maintenance, and
problems associated with searching and retrieving
related chunks of information in a certain order.

I use a group association in my online database to
define topics and the order of the topics for various
meta-functions, such as a limited search or print.

I could put the group data into the SGML database
as an entity. OR, I could maintain the group data
outside the database, sort of like mainframe JCL.
Either one will work, but I'm wondering how well.
This is not the same as finding the info from scratch.
It's more like a pre-defined retrieval job. I'm
starting to get some ideas. THANK YOU LIST CONTRIBUTORS!

any thoughts, SGML gurus, on how I might use the
already existing group data?

Joyce Flaherty
flahertj -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com