Re: Visual metaphors please

Subject: Re: Visual metaphors please
From: David Somers <dmps -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 13:54:36 +-100

Chris,

In some manuals that I've seen, schemes like

text underscored = mandatory field
text dotted underscore = optional field
text no underscore at all = display only

Hope this help,

Regards,

David Somers
dmps -at- euronet -dot- nl

> I have (in my plain old non-hypertext non-portable paper manuals) lots of
lists of fields on screens, some mandatory, some optional, some
display-only. I want to remove the current textual indication and flag them
with a symbol or icon. Any ideas? Any standards I don't know about?