Full text searches

Subject: Full text searches
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:39:19 EST

rRM80_
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM> wrote:

>> I think in British English, while most software, and its manuals, emanates
from the USA. I'd hate to count the times I've searched under what, to me,
is the natural term, found nothing and guessed what the manual writer has
called the topic. I've no examples ready to hand, but I expect US readers
can remember examples in non-US-documented programs that they've used. <<

If you think of some examples, could you post them? Things like "bonnet" for
"hood" have no relevance here, and that's all I can think of.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer, which maybe isn't enough these days)