JOB 4 NERD--SAN DIEGO

Subject: JOB 4 NERD--SAN DIEGO
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 15:20:34 -0800

Expersoft has an opening for a technical writer. The requisition
specifies temp-to-hire (HR doesn't like the term "perm" <g>), but
product plans indicate that there will be an ongoing need.

The official job ad looks like this:

Position Description:
Expersoft provides extensions to the C++ and Smalltalk programming
languages that enable programmers to develop object-oriented,
distributed systems. You will write user, reference, and installation
guides, both paper-based and on-line, for products running on Windows
and several UNIX platforms.

Skills Required:
The qualified candidate will have a good understanding of
object-oriented concepts and the ability to convey complex technical
information. The position also requires excellent communication,
organization, and interpersonal skills and the ability to "hit the
ground running". Competency in MS Word, FrameMaker and RoboHelp is a
plus.

Experience Required:
Some programming experience (C++ or Smalltalk a definite plus), a
working knowledge of both UNIX and Windows operating systems, two or
more years technical writing, and experience producing online help
files for Windows.

Education Required:
Degree in English, technical writing, computer science, or related
field or equivalent experience.

What I'm really looking for:
I really don't care if you know the tools we use, you'll catch on.

I *need* someone who can jump right in and prepare installation
guides for product ports to really obscure UNIX platforms and 32-bit
Windows platforms, who can speak to programmers about programming,
and who isn't afraid to tackle an SDK or API doc set. If you've
prepared such a doc set -- for any programming language -- I'm
definitely interested.

You should also be able to prepare an online help file in your sleep ;-)
and keep an eye on consistency/ease-of-use issues. If you'd like to get
a chance at UI design or like to draw icons and toolbars, you could get
that opportunity here.

If you *like* to index (and do it well), I *may* marry you
(if my husband doesn't mind). ;-)

And, yes, I know I'm asking for a lot. I need a lot. It'll probably
pay a lot (DOE <g>).

Since it's officially a temp-to-hire position, I can't offer
relocation.

Please send resumes to HR, not directly to me (however, if you have
any questions, please e-mail me privately).

Marjorie Roberts, Human Resources
Expersoft Corporation
6620 Mesa Ridge Road
San Diego, CA 92121