Re: Death of Paper

Subject: Re: Death of Paper
From: WandaJane Phillips <wandajp -at- ANDYNE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 11:30:31 -0500

David Blyth wrote:

> I'm not going to be terribly dogmatic about my position (rather
> difficult when you're not entirely convinced of it yourself).

> >The library fallacy
> <Snip>

> What it boils down to is this: is it fundamentally easier and quicker
> to retrieve technical information from the Internet or from a local library?

Interestingly enough, I just spent more than 10 hours trying to find two
pieces of information using the internet. I know of a library where I
could have walked in and, in about 3 minutes, found and transcribed the
information. Unfortunately, I would have to drive for nearly 5 hours to
accomplish this.

WandaJane Phillips