Position Available

Subject: Position Available
From: Jeff Moore <moore -at- HAD -dot- HORIBA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 17:00:27 EST

POSITION AVAILABLE:

Technical Writing/Training

We have available a contract position for work at an international company which manufactures chemical analytical equipment for use in the automobile emission testing industry. The Company's division in Ann Arbor, MI, writes the data acquisition and control software for the emission testing systems. The position will require the applicant to learn these engineering systems and write Operation Manuals, Specification, and Training Materials, and in addition deliver stand-up training. Since the company does business internationally there is travel involved for one to two week duration when performing the training functions of the job. Travel destinations may be anywhere in the world. The applicant will be working with a team of professionals and will be expected to work as a team member.

REQUIREMENTS:

Although a college degree and experience are a definite plus, we place greater weight on a person's attitude, determination, enthusiasm, and inherent skill set.

* Core Skill Set: curiosity, researching, organization, writing, designing, oral presentation.
* Work well as part of a team; a positive and encouraging person. Enjoy discussing, evaluating, and improving ideas.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills (dealing with clients, programmers, engineers, fellow technical communicators).
* Desire to learn and improve in your knowledge and skills.
* Commitment to our primary objective: the on-the-job performance of users of our work and recipients of our training. Passionate desire to communicate as clearly as possible.

COMPENSATION:

An hourly wage based on the applicant's current skill set, attitude, enthusiasm, and experience. Although Writeway Management does not purchase health insurance for their employees, we do provide a group health plan and pre-tax deduction from payroll of insurance premiums.

CONTACT:

Writeway Management, Inc.
PO Box 836, Brighton MI 48116

Contact me by email or contact John Bell (bell -at- had -dot- horiba -dot- com)
John is the owner of Writeway Management. I work for him.

Jeff Moore
Technical Communication
Writeway Management/Horiba Industries
Ann Arbor, MI
moore -at- had -dot- horiba -dot- com

"Rem tene, verba sequentur."
(Grasp the subject and the words will follow.)
Cato the elder